By default, the personal and team fundraising page message and fundraiser feed text posts can be modified using a plain text editor. Organizations can opt to configure their sites so that fundraisers and team captains can modify their personal and team pages and post to their feed using a rich text editor. This allows fundraisers to use styled text, including font, sizing, and colors, as well as upload images and embed content from third party services.
To configure your campaigns to provide fundraisers a rich text editor, please contact support. Please note that by adding a rich text editor, fundraisers are able to design their page in ways that may be unanticipated and possibly undesired by the organization, especially if pages are expected to conform to a specific brand style. Furthermore, while we have implemented rigorous security measures around the rich text editor, the plain text editor does have security advantages, something that should be taken into account when making this decision.
Below is a list of features fundraisers can take advantage of using the rich text editor:
- Remove formatting
- Numbered list
- Bulleted list
- Text alignment
- Insert HTML
To embed content, users should follow these steps:
- Navigate to the desired service (see list of approved services below), and copy the embed code provided by the service
- In the rich text editor, insert the cursor into the desired location in the content
- Click the "Insert HTML" icon in the rich text editor
- Paste the previously copied embed code
- Click "OK" — this will insert the embedded content into the text editor in the location of the cursor. Upon saving, the content will be saved into the page.
To protect your site and users, fundraisers may only embed content from approved services. Approved services currently include:
- Google Slides
- Google Maps