Sometimes a fundraiser may not raise enough money to cover the cost of their participation in your event. We understand that this is quite a delicate situation, and have therefore developed tools you may use to communicate with the fundraiser and possibly charge them the difference (or some other defined amount). Please see The Recommitment Process article on how to use this feature. To enable this feature, please continue reading.
Recommitment is available for the following processors:
- Vantiv (Litle)
If your campaign is configured with a compatible processor, you may enable recommitment. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Admin at admin.rallybound.com
- Navigate to the entity (organization, group, or campaign) on which you'd like to configure this setting. Click here to learn more about inherited settings.
- Click the "Fundraising" tab
- In the ensuing "Fundraising Settings" tab, scroll down to the "Recommitment" section
- Toggle the "Enable Recommitment" setting
Once this is done, you will be able send recommitment emails to registrants (see how-to). The Recommitment request auto responder includes a link that directs recipients to a form in their dashboard, through which they can provide their card details to be held for a potential recommitment charge. Custom fields can be added to this form — to set this up, please contact email@example.com.
Campaigns can also be configured to capture registrants' payment information during registration. This way, they don't need to fill out an additional form in order to submit their card on file. To configure your campaign this way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that in order to capture payment information during registration, the registration must have a fee.