Rallybound's Registration Builder for Role Registration allows administrators to create roles along with fields and options, to set up their registration exactly as they want it. The Registration Builder includes the ability to:
- Create roles
- Define role properties (name, description, expiration date, price, quantity)
- Create form fields (text box, paragraph box, checkbox, dropdown, multi-select, date)
- Set role options
- Set field options
The Registration Builder is intuitive and fluid, and updates the front end as changes are made in the Registration Builder. To access the Registration Builder, navigate to the relevant campaign in the Admin, select the Forms tab and click Registration Builder in the left sidebar.
Fields may be added to the contact or team forms (in Role Registration Step 2 (Identifying Roles)) in the Form Builder, under the Contact and Team forms, respectively. If these forms do not appear in the Form Builder, please contact us to activate them.
Using the Registration Builder
Here is where you can create new roles, and view all your existing roles in a list. For each role you can view its name, expiration date, price, and available quantity (these are called "Role Properties"). The roles in this list can be reordered with simple drag and drop (an open role cannot be reordered). To modify a role, simply click on it.
Two roles — Fundraiser and Attendee — are added to most campaigns by default. For campaigns of type Platform, Memorial, and DIY, the Attendee role is not added by default.
- The Fundraiser role, which can be identified by its api name "Fundraiser", is a system role that grants users fundraising tools — a fundraising page, team building, email tools, ability to receive donations, etc. No other role or custom role can grant the user these features. The Fundraiser role also comes with default fields, which can each be enabled/disabled in the Registration Builder:
- Goal Amount
- Custom URL
- Campaign Name (this is the title of the fundraising campaign)
- Endurance Goal Amount (only if an Endurance Challenge is enabled on the campaign)
- End Date (this defines an end date for the fundraising page for triggers to be configured based on it; the fundraising page itself is unaffected by the end date)
- The Attendee role identifies a user as attending the event. This role is accompanied by some features, most notably it is a recognized role across the system: in liquid placeholders ("Is_Attendee"), in the Role Registration welcome screen, reports, and others.
It is possible to combine the two default roles if there is a requirement for all fundraisers to be attendees and vice versa. To configure your roles in this way, please contact us.
Once you click to open a role, it displays all the properties in editable fields. These include:
- API Name
Used in system-related contexts, such as reports.
Appears as help text below the role name on the front-end.
- Expiration Date
After this date the role will appear on the front-end as "Unavailable".
When quantity is reached, the role will appear on the front-end as "Unavailable". Quantity can be set to unlimited by keeping the quantity field empty.
- Role Options to make role required
If a role is required, it will be expanded on the front-end, with no way for the user to toggle it on or off.
If a role has expired or reached its quantity limit, the role will appear in the Registration Flow as "Unavailable". To ensure the role doesn't appear at all, deactivate it.
It is not possible to deactivate all roles, though it is possible to only have roles which are expired. In this instance, users will still be able to register, but will be locked into the Role Registration interface with no recourse (but to log out). In this scenario, it is recommended to close registration entirely through Campaign Settings > Registration Options so that users can't register at all.
Below the role properties are listed all the fields associated with the role. Fields can be reordered through drag and drop. You can add a new field by clicking the "Add Field" button at the bottom. There are six field types:
- Text box: the user enters a short string of text
- Paragraph box: the user enters a longer body of text
- Checkbox: this is a single on/off option that the user selects
- Dropdown: the user selects a single option out of many
- Multi-select: the user selects one or multiple choices out of many
- Date: The user selects a date
Once you are done editing a role and adding fields, you can click "Done" at the top right (you can even simply open a different role), and your changes will be saved. You can also activate/deactivate or delete roles by clicking on "Activate/Deactivate" or "Delete" at the top right. Once a role has been submitted by a user on the front-end, it may not be deleted.
Editing a Field
Editing a field is relatively straightforward, and starts with entering a field name. A description, which will be displayed to the user as help text in the registration flow, can be added in the Description field. Most field types can be made required by checking the "Required" checkbox next to "Field Options" (not available for checkbox fields). Additionally, cost can be added to checkbox fields in the same section.
For dropdown and multi-select fields, options can be added from which users can make their selection. Option names must be unique within a single field. Options can be reordered using the drag handle on the left, dropping them into the desired order. Options can also be hidden (click the eye icon) or deleted (click the trash icon). Description text can be added to the option in the "more" dropdown accessible by clicking the three-dots icon. Cost can be added to an option next to the dollar icon on the option bar. Once a field or option has been used in a submission by a user on the front-end, the name may not be edited and it may not be deleted. An additional "Searchable" setting is available for dropdown and multi-select fields, which adds a search box to the top of the dropdown so the user can search for their desired option — this is best used for fields with many options. This setting is also available for relevant fields on the contact and team forms in Role Registration.
Once you are done editing a field, you can click "Done" at the top right of the field or role (you can even simply open a different field or role, or add a new field), and your changes will be saved.
Viewing Your Registration Flow
Before going live, it's a good idea to check your front-end site to verify that your registration flow is as you want it to be.